Premenstrual Syndrome (or tension) can rear it’s ugly head up to 14 days before your period.
Getting rid of PMS means that you don’t have to go through this turmoil every month – that’s 12 times a year! If you get PMS for 3 days before each period, that’s 36 days a year you feel like shite! Or if it’s 7 days before your period that you get PMS, that’s 84 days you are feeling out of sorts!
That’s almost a quarter of your year gone to PMS.
So the question is what will be different next month?
PMS often happens when there is an imbalance between estrogen & progesterone. This imbalance may cause or contribute to these symptoms.
High estrogen symptoms may include:
- Breast tenderness & swelling
- Headaches & Migraines
- Fluid Retention
Low progesterone symptoms may include:
- Anxiety (worse in the second half of your cycle)
- Poor sleep in the lead up to your period
- Period pain
- Difficulty falling pregnant
So how can we fix PMS?
If your estrogen and progesterone are out of balance, then we need to ask “why”. And if we can work out why they are imbalanced, Natural Medicine can, in many cases, rebalance your body so you don’t have to experience period pain and all the related symptoms that go with it.
Some of the “Why” reasons of your hormonal imbalance that your naturopath will assess include:
- Sleep and melatonin levels
- Abnormal bowel movements (estrogen is recycled partly in the gut)
- Iodine levels
- Sluggish liver (sulphation pathway underfunctioning)
- Too much aromatase (an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen)
- Stress (too much or too little cortisol)
- Inflammation from other injuries, poor lifestyle and diet
Our 5 step approach means that we help to rebalance your hormones after a careful assessment of what you specifically need. This may include helping to heal:
- The Digestive System
- The Liver
- Stress levels & how to increase calmness
- Inflammation in the body
- Treating the hormonal imbalance